CAREER CHANGE ADVISOR SYDNEY
When you know what you want but don’t know how to get it, our Job Seekers Program will fast track you to getting there.
Finding yourself on the job market at any point in your career can be daunting, whether it is your choice or not. The way you present yourself is crucial. From your resume to your elevator pitch to your interview skills to that all-important LinkedIn profile – you need to stand out from the crowd if you want to succeed.
- Have you been made redundant?
- Do you want a better, more fulfilling role?
- Thinking of making a career move?
Now is the time to clarify your goals; develop your strategy; take control of your personal brand; rethink your resume/social media presence and get that new job.
Our “Fast Track to Getting That Job” Program
Your qualified career coaches and expert wordsmiths, Sydney Career Coaching offer a program, Fast Track to Getting That Job. Our job seeker program consists of 4 x 1 hour coaching sessions at the end of which you will have the following:
- A clear career goal
- Your USP (Unique Selling Point)
- A resume that gets you noticed
- An attention grabbing LinkedIn profile
- A knock ‘em dead elevator pitch
- Best practice interview skills
- Job application techniques, including tapping the hidden job market
- A complete/comprehensive action plan to get that job
For those who simply don’t know what they want to do next/what career they want/would suit them, we recommend undertaking the Career Changers Program prior to starting The Fast Track Program.
Career Program Overview
Prior to your first session, you will receive three short, easy to complete assignments, which will form the foundation of your resume. These exercises are designed to spark ideas and help you come prepared for Session One.
As well as the assignments, you will be sent all the course materials for the first session of the job seeking program to read in advance.
Session One : Resume
Once you and your coach have reviewed your assignments, work can begin on building your resume. The three major takeaways from this session will be:
- A fully formed professional profile – a key aspect of your resume
- At least one completed achievement statement (using the STAR Method – an easy step by step model which makes writing these statements simpler and easier)
- A resume template to suit your situation
By the end of this session you will also have enough information to take home and finesse what you have started. We will come back to your resume in session three so that you have time to work on it between sessions.
We will email you all the relevant materials for interview skills and job applications before Session Two for you to read in advance.
Session Two : Interview skills and job applications
Using real life interview questions, relating to a specific job or a sample job supplied by us, we will practise interview skills. You will receive in depth feedback on your answers, your body language, your voice and presentation. We will also work on writing a compelling job application and cover letter.
Takeaways from this session include:
- A cover letter
- A list of achievement ‘stories’ to pull out of the hat in an interview situation
- Top interview questions and answers
- How to deal with tricky interview questions
Prior to Session Three, we will email all the materials on LinkedIn profiles for you to read in advance. You will be asked to email your completed resume from session one.
Session 3 – LinkedIn Profile
- How well is your LinkedIn profile working for you?
- How do you build a targeted, professional network?
This session starts with a review of your resume from session one. Much of this information can be carried across to your LinkedIn profile, which makes the process more effective. Using templates and working within LinkedIn’s best-practice guidelines, you will build your LinkedIn profile and start working on building those vital connections.
Takeaways from this session include:
- Your completed, key-word rich professional profile summary
- A LinkedIn template
- An understanding of how LinkedIn can work for you
You will continue to work on your LinkedIn profile prior to Session Four and we will email you the materials you need on networking to prepare for session four.
Session 4 – Networking
- What are the dos and don’ts of job networking?
- How do you sell yourself to get that job?
- What is your personal style?
- What is the “hidden job market” and how do you tap into it?
- What is an elevator pitch and why do you need one?
Once we have discussed your personal style and the impact this will have on your networking style, you will learn how to network using LinkedIn and other strategies. We will also cover how to tap the “hidden job market”, reaching out to current and new connections and practising networking and informational interviewing techniques.
Takeaways will include:
- A completed elevator pitch to market yourself
- An understanding of your personal style and how to use that knowledge to your advantage in a networking situation
- A comprehensive action plan to take you forward to get that job.
After the program, we will follow you up with a phone call to check on your progress and to see if you need any further support. You can also contact us for any help you may need along the way.
The sessions are conducted face to face at our offices in Neutral Bay and the Sydney CBD.
This Package price is $795.00* payable at the time of booking the program (some discounts may apply; please ask your career consultant).
Our career counseling and life coaching services
Our career counselors and life coaches will work with you so you can find your perfect job. We’ll ascertain your unique personal style, the best work environment, your interests, skills and strengths to achieve career satisfaction. As trained and professional career consultants, we will help you with short and long term career planning whether you want to start a career, improve a current one or make a complete career change.
Our life coaches can help people of all ages and stages of life who yearn for more but are struggling to do it alone. Personal life coaching is for those who would benefit from a trusted life coach, confidante and mentor who will encourage and coach to encourage and help them achieve sought after goals.
Take advantage of our complimentary career development and life coaching session to determine whether coaching is for you.